The Litter Box

Blog Tools
Edit your Blog
Build a Blog
RSS Feed
View Profile
« September 2016 »
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30
You are not logged in. Log in
Entries by Topic
All topics  «
A Bonus in the Box!
blast from the past!
Busy Day in the Box!
Cats, Catz and Kats
Fashionable Kat
fun with fabric friday
Graph Paper Patterns
grumble grumble
Happy Kat!
I can has topik?
I Made It!
I need a topic?
Jeebus sightings!
Jewelry and Beads
No Topic Today!
odds and ends
Project Runway Canada II
Random KatBox Droppings
Rants and Raves
Really Important Stuff
Retro Rules!
Sewing FAQ's
Squirrels in the news
The Fungus AmungUs
The Kreative Kat
The New Box!
The weekly flower report!
Things to make.
this 'n that 'n the other
Throwback Thurdays
Web Insanity
Weird Science
What I Did This Weekend
Works in Progress
Monday, 19 September 2016
What I Sewed this Summer
Topic: I Made It!

...and there's more than just these things. These are the ones I took pictures of yesterday. There's a couple things in the laundry.

We'll start with this dress. It from the September 2016 burdastyle only I ommitted the sleeves. It's got a little tie on the V neck and the front and back has pleats and gathers onto the midriff band. It's made from Amy Butler Glow collection in cotton voile. It's cool, light and desperately needs a lkining for the skirt. Same with:

This one, also made from Amy Butler's Glow collection cotton Voile. This is the floaty dress from BurdaStyle that I first posted a year or two ago. I wanted a light cotton and this was light, cotton and I couldn't think of anything else I wanted to make from it. Here's a back detail:

I added loops and laces for a corset back look. It fits quite well and the corset back lets me snug it up to the body. Instead of putting elastic in the sleeves I left them loose and floaty -justy like the dress's name. Next is my favorite:

This turned out spectacular! I LOVE this dress. I tried to keep the sillohette as simple as possible and I tried to keep constirction as simple as possible in order to show off the fabric print. I cut the waistband with the horizontal stripe to add a bit of visual interest and tp help show off this amazing print. The band is shirred with elastic so it fits close to the body wheile the rest of the dress floats around the body. Lets look a the neckkline:

There's the beaded trim that I got for the dress. It's PERFECT!!! I love the look: it's sort of elegant, primitive and tribal, yet citified and sophisticated. And the back:

...carries the front fabric details to the back. There's a center back seam because I wasn't sure if I would need a zipper or no zipper. No zipper, as it turns out.

And finally:  a preview of tomorrow's summer sewing of 2016:

...this knotted top which was the subject of a BurdaStyle sewing lesson found here: http://www.burdastyle.com/blog/sewing-lesson-knotted-blouse-125-082016

The only thing I don't like is the neckline/shoulderline -it is quite wide and needs to be narrowed. I'm going to re-cut the pattern and alter the neckline. Maybe I will post a tutorial on how to do it I like the results. 

That's all for today. Tomorrow I will post the rest of th projects including the final "not so fun with fabric friday" dress


Posted by lincatz at 10:31 AM EDT
Post Comment | Permalink Bookmark and Share
Bookmark and Share

View Latest Entries